STUDENT SUCCESS FORMULA
Empowering students | Fulfilling potential
Why You should book science tuition with Student Success Formula
Tuition delivered by an accomplished team of tutors including qualified doctors, dentists and medical students
Your child will receive mentorship in addition to science tuition
Access to relatable role models and a pool of resources that raise aspirations
We have the niche understanding of how to nurture the abilities of children from disadvantaged backgrounds
How our tuition works
We have three online science tuition packages:
1. Saturday School:
Medium-sized group tuition (10-15 students to one tutor)
Our Key Stage 3 and GCSE science Saturday School sessions start at 4pm
2. Small group tuition
Three students to one tutor
3. One-to-one private tuition
Tuition sessions last 1 hour | All tuition sessions are online
After you make your booking, you will be contacted to schedule the sessions
You will also be sent a link to access the tuition session
see Pricing below
Parents, are you running out of ideas of how to support your child in learning science?
Register to pre-order FREE ebook
Every student has their own unique gift, potential and brilliance. It takes wisdom to identify and harness that hidden potential.
Our education system has to cater to hundreds of thousands of students per year group, every year; and as such, teaching in our classrooms has to cater to the masses. But there is no one-size-fits-all method of teaching.
Private tuition is a powerful resource that can be used to compliment the lessons provided in our schools. In addition, private tuition has the added benefits of time, focus and the flexibility of catering to an individual student or to very small groups.
A great tutor is passionate and believes in his or her student even before they see signs of greatness...that tutor knows their student possesses great potential and will draw it out. Really good science tuition gives students multiple advantages...
- Skills Science education is compulsory in schools because it teaches students the skills of problem solving, critical thinking, research, collaboration and innovation.
- Relevance Science education is not just for those students who want to pursue a career in S.T.E.M. Neither is science about memorising a list of unrelated, irrelevant facts. Effective science education makes science relevant to everyday life and helps students make sense of the world around us including technology, transportation, engineering, nature, climate, and health.
- Future The GCSE grade you achieve will be taken into consideration and potentially have an impact on: which Sixth Form college you get accepted to; which A level subjects you will be able to take; it also forms part of university eligibility criteria for certain university degrees; and it may have an impact on entry to top academic universities which form part of the Russel group universities in the UK.
- S.T.E.M* Stands for: Science | Technology | Engineering | Mathematics. For students who do decide to pursue a career in S.T.E.M, a good understanding of the KS3 and GCSE science curriculum is an important starting point. Good grades in GCSE science will help students do further study with science A level subjects that may form part of the compulsory entry requirements for certain university degree courses.
- Tailored We believe that teaching should not be one-size-fits-all because everyone learns in different ways. We therefore cater our tutition to each individual student to help them achieve their very best.
- Innovation We believe in innovating the way students learn science to make teaching more engaging and learning much more effective.
- It's Enjoyable Even if you do not particularly enjoy science or you find the concepts challenging, our tutors are looking forward to tutoring you and helping to make science more enjoyable and more easily understandable.
- Video Call All tutoring sessions will take place through video call where our tutors and students can share video, audio, digital whiteboard, slides and screen share. The multi-user whiteboard helps to make the sessions practical and engaging. For group tuition, students' videos should be turned off for safeguarding.
- Down-to-earth If you are nervous about being taught science one-to-one, be reassured that all our tutors are down-to-earth and want you to ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand the material that will be covered.
- Mentorship You may be a student that really enjoys science and has aspirations to pursue a career related to science, or you may not enjoy science currently, nevertheless, our tutors are really looking forward to working with you to help you achieve your long-term goals.
- Partnership Tuition sessions are tailored to each student based on their current level of understanding of the syllabus as well as their future goals and aspirations. In your first one-to-one tuition session our tutors will work with you and your parent(s) or guardian to gain a better understanding of your learning needs; and jointly create a plan to achieve your learning goals; this plan can be modified and updated in the future.
- Motivation Our tutors use a motivational approach with our tuition to help bring out the very best qualities and untapped potential of our students.
We can help you acheive your FULL potential!
Book Your Tuition Sessions
Tuition can be booked online - click on any of the 'Book Tuition' buttons.
For more information, contact Student Success Formula:
Tuition starts from £8.50 during our limited time 15% discount offer. Click on any of the 'Book Tuition' buttons on our website and you will be taken to our booking form. You will be able to select the level of science tuition you would like to book for your child: either Key Stage 3 (KS3) or GCSE. You can also pick from three packages: one-to-one, three-to-one or medium-sized group tuition.
Once you book your child's tuition we will contact you to book in dates.
Please contact us at email@example.com or call 07881892053 if you have any queries.
Availability is limited currently, so book your sessions early to avoid disappointment as bookings will will be on a "first come, first served" basis.
For the first 20 people to make a four-session block booking of any of our three packages (one-to-one tuition, three students-to-one tutor, and our science Saturday school medium-sized group tuition), you will receive 1 hour of FREE educational coaching with Dr Emma Blake. Our educational coaching will cover a range of topics including: develping mental resilience, accelerated learning techniques, self-discipline, self-confidence, and a strategic learning plan.
We want to make high-quality tuition affordable and accessible for all families. We offer very competitive prices for tuition especially for students who would like to receive tuition in small or medium-sized groups. Make use of these interactive sessions. We run a saturday school where students are taught on medium-sized groups of 10-15 students.
All payments are made using our online booking form and you can use either credit or debit card or your PayPal account. PayPal will email you an automated receipt.
Please ensure you check your emails and junk folder regularly for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org as we will contact you to schedule your child's tuition.
Please also refer to our Payments Policy (in the website footer).
Speak To Us
If you have any queries feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us on 07881892053.
Identify gaps in your knowledge during your tutoring sessions and learn new information.
Refresh your current knowledge and realise your full potential.
Price List for three tuition packages
For GCSE & KS3 Science tuition
10% discount available for every block booking of four sessions!
1 hour one-to-one private tuition - £44.50
with 10% block booking discount = £40
Small group sessions with two or three students and one tutor: 1 hour - £22.50 per student
with 10% block booking discount = £20
Science Saturday School: Medium-sized group sessions with 10-15 students: 1 hour - £11 per student
with 10% block booking discount = £10
with 10% block booking discount applied
Four one-to-one tuition sessions - £160
Four two-to-one or three-to-one tuition sessions - £80
Four science Saturday School sessions block booking - £40
We can also provide group tutoring for schools. For more information, please contact Student Success Formula.
Q: How do you provide both tuition and mentoring?
A: Our tutors are very relatable and draw from their own experiences of navigating through their educational journeys. We aim to motivate and inspire our students; 90% of the session is spent covering the academic material and our tutors utilise motivational teaching strategies to bring the best out of our students whilst tutoring. 10% of the session will involve mentorship with the aim of raising aspirations, improving confidence and building habits and strategies for success.
Q: Exactly what subjects do you offer tuition in?
A: KS3 Science and GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Q: What GCSE Syllabus do you teach?
A: AQA and Edexcel combined and triple science. However, if you are learning another syllabus under a different examination board, please contact Student Success Formula to discuss further.
Q: Are your private tuition sessions only online?
A: Yes, Student Success Formula provide innovative online tuition sessions via video conferencing.
Q: Do your tutors have up-to-date DBS certificates?
Q: Are you able to provide tuition in schools and colleges?
A: Yes, Student Success Formula is able to provide group tuition in schools, subject to further discussion and availability. Small group tuition is complementary to the science lessons schools already provide their students and can foster a great environment for accelerated learning. If you would like more information please contact Student Success Formula to discuss your requirements.
Q: How do I book a tuition session?
A: (Steps 1 to 5 below)
1. Click on the 'Book Tuition' button found on the Student Success Formula homepage.
2. Choose the tuition package you would like to purchase: either our Science Saturday School (10-15 students to one tutor), or our small group tuition (two or three students to one tutor), or our one-to-one private tuition. Use the drop-down to select: a) the the level of science tuition you require, for example, either Key Stage 3 (KS3) or GCSE; and b) either a single session or a block booking of four sessions.
3. One-to-one and small group tuition is delivered throughout the week depending on availability.
4. We process payments securely through the PayPal payments system. We do not store credit cards nor share financial details with any 3rd parties. PayPal will email you an automated receipt.
5. Once payment has been processed we will contact you by email to schedule your tuition sessions. Please ensure you check your emails and junk folder regularly for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.